Sunday 31 October 2010

A Rollercoaster Ride


The six weeks since OOW have been manic for me. OOW is always too busy for me to keep up with my blog, and the intention is normally to try and do at least some on the flight home. This year that just didn’t happen.

Then immediately I returned my mother died, she had been ill but it was not expected. Then I also had planned surgery. In between, because there is no rest for the wicked, I had the Danish User Group Conference, our own Financials SIG, An EMEA Usergroup Presidents’ Meeting, the SOA Symposium in Berlin and our Partner of the Year Awards. The op took more out of me than expected so I have been really bad at catching up.

Finally this weekend I was in Denmark again for the Miracle10th Birthday celebrations. I love this place, where else can you go to a restaurant that has a reserved table by first name only and the soft drinks come wrapped in paper so people don’t know you are off alcohol? 

I thought I would use the time between festivities to catch up, I wrote the OOW blogs first and was quite taken aback by the number of retweets and comments on twitter and emails I received. Being quoted in an article was not expected but I stand by what I said. I didn’t like the keynotes but I still love Fusion Apps and their content at OOW. When I first started blogging, the advice from my employer was “ don’t be afraid to be controversial”, well now I have been.

Anyway, after the storm of the party it has been very quiet and I have had a chance to catch up with the rest of what I wanted to say so I hope you have the time to read through them.

No comments: